Resident-Centric Strategies: A Public Servant's Perspective
Bridging the communication gap between local governments and citizens is a difficult task that municipalities face every day. Cities and counties now have to utilize technology to reach constituents across multiple platforms.
During this fireside chat, Myla Eldridge, the Clerk of Marion County, IN, and Tom Spengler, the CEO of Rock Solid, address these issues through topics such as serving residents through technology, improving community input, and preparing for future civic engagement challenges.
Register to hear what Myla has to say about:
- Serving as a public leader
- Providing access to government services
- Improving constituent feedback and building a participatory government
- Fostering civic engagement in the next generation of leaders
- Viewing resident-centric government from a technology and internal mindset perspective
- Working through the digital divide